Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rat a tat attack, attack...

An update!

The rat has we think taken up residence in the space of the little roof covering the log pile.

The bait as yet hasn’t been looked at.  Today we will try the Rolo amuse bouche!  Just got to buy them and try not to eat too many!  The thing is I am suddenly not amused, mainly because the joy I got from feeding the birds will have to be stopped, as the food and water is the huge appeal and honestly who can blame them?  We haven’t seen the hedgehogs for a couple of weeks now and interestingly the rat completely ignores the mealworms put out in the box for the hedgehogs so maybe their suspicious nature means enclosed areas pose a danger?  I do know they are very canny, we just have to be even cannier!?!  I hate killing anything, however the closer they are getting to the house and coming in for winter is a worry, so sadly go they must!

Ellie isn’t in the least bit interested, in fact if anything I think she is frightened by their presence in the garden.

Part of me thinks that if we hadn’t started putting on the light to watch the hedgehogs we would never have known of their living along side us and let’s face it we all live in close contact to wildlife of many sorts.  Rats seem to be the big bad boys of the underworld.

Am I talking myself out of killing them I idly wonder?  What do you think?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar