Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

City Daily Photo Theme Day: Tired

The first day of each month is a theme day for members of City Daily Photo, and for February, that theme happens to be Tired. You can see how others are interpreting this theme here.

For my take on the theme, I decided to think outside the box and focus on something I could never be tired of, but which some of my readers might feel that way: winter. I don't know why anyone could tire of it, I mean, it's a perfectly beautiful, lovely season with all the cold and the snow and the frost and the... oh, I suspect at least someone is visualizing my brutal death in an avalanche right about now, so let's get on with it. 

This was taken in Barrhaven in December on a snowy day, with one of the main roads in this area passing beneath a railroad track.


On another December day, I photographed the Rideau Canal from the familiar vantage of the Bank Street Bridge, looking east. The ice was covering everything at this point, but it wasn't open to skaters yet.


Further south, and on a day late in December, I stopped where Bank Street passes over the Rideau River, and photographed looking west. The river mostly closes up over the winter here, but beneath the bridge, enough open water remains that ducks congregate here through winter.


And on another late December day, I passed through a number of landmark areas downtown. It was cold and a light snow was falling. Coming to the area around the National War Memorial, I first photographed the National Arts Centre, then the Memorial itself.


I headed up past Major's Hill Park, where I took this shot looking towards Parliament Hill.


Further on, I wanted this view of the National Gallery of Canada.


And I took this view of Notre Dame Basilica, with the Peacekeeping Monument in the foreground.


I finish with a shot from another day in late December, when I did a tour of Centre Block on Parliament Hill. A view outside a window before the tour began took in this snowy courtyard. Grumblings, rants, and death threats from winter haters may commence at your leisure in the comments. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar