Today is a Public Holiday here in Singapore. I would like to wish all my muslim friends and readers Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
Although I do not celebrate Hari Raya, I have a very fruitful day at home. Besides sitting down with the 2 girls to go through their school work in preparation for their coming tests, I prepared all the three meals for the family.
Breakfast was scrambled eggs with Chipolatas and freshly baked croissants. No, I did not get the croissants from Tiong Bahru Bakery nor did I make the croissants from scratch. I got the frozen dough from Swiss Bakery and baked them for 20 minutes in the oven. It was really convenient and yummy too. With a cup of freshly brewed Nespresso coffee, it was a perfect start to the public holiday.
My mother-in-law gave us some fresh oysters from China yesterday. I thought it would be a good idea to cook them with Mee Sua (Rice Vermicelli) for lunch today. With good ikan bilis (dried anchovies) stock and the fresh oyster, we had a very authentic chinese noodle lunch. I will be posting the Oyster Mee Sua recipe in my next post.
Kids had requested my Sous Vide Beef Cheek for dinner and I also wanted to confirm that my version is superior than the beef cheek I had at Absinthe last week. Both kids and I were satisfied. This is slowly becoming my signature dish.
I rarely get the chance to cook all the 3 meals in one single day for the family and I enjoyed every minute of the preparation and cooking time. What could be sweeter or more satisfying than to see your loved ones appreciating your cooking and food? It was a fruitful and enjoyable day.
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.








0 Yorumlar